Solved

Change country of residence

I bought a Interrail pass and I live in France, I will be traveling to Switzerland but in the residency I added Switzerland.

I activated the pass, but as soon as I realised that I needed to use the outbound/inbound ticket, I didn't use it, and now it has been 2 weeks and I cant travel and no one is answering.

If you could please tell me what should I do.

Thaank you!

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 3 August 2022, 10:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Contact Customer Service via this Service form they are the only ones that can assist you. https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If your pass not is active you should be able to get help from customer support to change your country of residence. Here is the form to fill in.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

As you are supposed to be travelling right now you need to mark your request as urget and clearly state that this prevents you from travelling.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I realize that this information is likely too late to be useful, but just in case other travelers had the same question: Customer service is not able to change your country of residence, they can only update a name (in case of a typo, marriage or legal name change), date of birth or passport number. They can not change your country of residence. The only way to do that is through a pass exchange. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I realize that this information is likely too late to be useful, but just in case other travelers had the same question: Customer service is not able to change your country of residence,

@Claudi. 

We know they can (there are multiple posts from people who had it changed) but rather the policy about modifications seems to have changed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I realize that this information is likely too late to be useful, but just in case other travelers had the same question: Customer service is not able to change your country of residence,

@Claudi.

We know they can (there are multiple posts from people who had it changed) but rather the policy about modifications seems to have changed.

As long as the pass hasn’t been used more than 2 days in the requested new country of residency AND proof of residency supplied, there should be no reason not to change it. Genuine mistakes happen.