Solved

I wrote the driver's license number on the passport number. Is that a problem?

• 2 September 2022
  • 9 replies

• Right on track
  • 4 replies

I wrote my driver’s license number on the passport number. But, It was changed to Sent in the Order overview. So, I’m worried that the wrong driver’s license number will be printed on the Eurail pass ticket.

Do i fill in the passport number on the Eurail Pass ticket by myself? The passport number will not be printed and sent, right? If so, I can’t use the Eurail pass because my license number is entered instead of the passport number. 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 2 September 2022, 15:59

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Is this a paper pass? Then you driver's licence number will be printed on the pass. Once the pass has been printed and shipped, this can't be changed anymore.

You can now leave it as is (and carry your driver's licence with you) or request an exchange.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I already answered you on this yesterday.  You must contact Customer Support ASAP

From your comments I gues that have ordered a paper pass. Then the ID number you enter will be printed on the pass. Ticket inspectors check this and for overseas travellers the ID should be a passport. 

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Is this a paper pass? Then you driver's licence number will be printed on the pass. Once the pass has been printed and shipped, this can't be changed anymore.

You can now leave it as is (and carry your driver's licence with you) or request an exchange.

@rvdborgt 

Are you sure that a driver's licence is a valid ID? At least for Interrail it is not as far as I know. For Interrail you need either a passport or a national ID.

My dirver’s license is not a valid ID. I contacted the customer service center, but I think I need a refund. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt

Are you sure that a driver's licence is a valid ID? At least for Interrail it is not as far as I know. For Interrail you need either a passport or a national ID.

A driver's licence is not a valid ID in this case. But it's also a question how you estimate the risk - I forgot to add that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My dirver’s license is not a valid ID. I contacted the customer service center, but I think I need a refund. 

If the pass hasn't been printed yet I guess that Customer Support should be able to change the ID number to your passport number.

If needed you should make an exchange of passes and not ask for a refund. An exchange costs 15 EUR and a refund 15 % of the price of the pass.

Thank you so much. But There is tracking code in the Order overview. Then isn’t it  already printed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you so much. But There is tracking code in the Order overview. Then isn’t it  already printed?

Yes, then it's printed. Then you need to make an exchange of your pass. There is a special routine for exchanging of paper passes. But you need to start by ordering a new pass with the correct information on it.

Here is the info on how to exchange your pass.

https://www.eurail.com/en/eurail-passes/ordering-info/refund-exchange-policy