Solved

Inbound and outbound journeys counted as travel days and trip with transition in home country

• 28 August 2022
  • 8 replies

I am sure these questions have been asked before but i couldnt quite find the answers I need.

My first trip is from Germany (my home country) to London. Is this already a travel day? I read on the “travel in your own country” site that outbound and inbound journeys are not extra travel days. 

My second question is if i can travel through Germany during my trip. I am planning on traveling from Paris to the Gardasee. I found a trip with a transition in Munich. Can I take this trip?

icon

Best answer by Yorkie 28 August 2022, 16:40

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

However I believe the Caledonian Sleeper has some weird complication about classing  itself as the following day

Not anymore:

Userlevel 1

The rules on the 2 in/out days are simple.

On 2 of your flexipass or continuous pass days you can travel in your own country as well as any of the member countries. 

You do not need to leave your country on these days, so you could use them to get to an airport or ferry terminal.

These can be taken at any time during your pass validity, not necessarily on the first and last day.

They are optional so, if like me you live near an airport with low cost flights I fly out and use all my days outside the UK.

They are part of your flexidays - not extra days.

Any transport in your home country will trigger one of these 2 days, and once both have been taken the app will not allow any further travel in your home country.

So crossing Germany from Paris will take one of these days.

So if I understand well, I could use my Global Pass to LEAVE my home country Germany by rail twice during the pass validity, there’s no restriction that I need to enter once and leave once?

I’ve already used one outbound trip, if I test book another outbound trip the app seems to accept it… 

Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So if I understand well, I could use my Global Pass to LEAVE my home country Germany by rail twice during the pass validity, there’s no restriction that I need to enter once and leave once?

I’ve already used one outbound trip, if I test book another outbound trip the app seems to accept it… 

Indeed, that's how the app works.

I am sure these questions have been asked before but i couldnt quite find the answers I need.

My first trip is from Germany (my home country) to London. Is this already a travel day? I read on the “travel in your own country” site that outbound and inbound journeys are not extra travel days. 

My second question is if i can travel through Germany during my trip. I am planning on traveling from Paris to the Gardasee. I found a trip with a transition in Munich. Can I take this trip?

Hallo,

nach London wäre ein Fahrttag. Dass der “outbound day” kein extra Fahrttag ist, stimmt. Aber das bedeutet, dass man damit nicht extra fahren kann, sondern dass du an dem Fahrttag auch in Deutschland fahren kannst.

Deutschland durchfahren kannst du zwar, aber dann ist der “inbound day” auch weg und du hast keinen weiteren Fahrttag mehr, um z.B. nach Deutschland zurückzufahren.

Die Grundregel ist: An zweien deiner Fahrttage kannst du auch im Heimatland fahren. Aber nur an zweien…

Ich hoffe, das macht es klarer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The rules on the 2 in/out days are simple.

On 2 of your flexipass or continuous pass days you can travel in your own country as well as any of the member countries. 

You do not need to leave your country on these days, so you could use them to get to an airport or ferry terminal.

These can be taken at any time during your pass validity, not necessarily on the first and last day.

They are optional so, if like me you live near an airport with low cost flights I fly out and use all my days outside the UK.

They are part of your flexidays - not extra days.

Any transport in your home country will trigger one of these 2 days, and once both have been taken the app will not allow any further travel in your home country.

So crossing Germany from Paris will take one of these days.

Likewise, does a journey on the Caledonian sleeper leaving London at 21:15 UK time count as one day as a journey in my home country. I would have travelled in on Eurostar on that date to reach London.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ab P zur jene See-etwa der älteste See die damals zo in jene 50er Jahre von Ferienlustige DE ´entdeckt´ wurde geht es auch sehr jans jut über Swiss/Schweiz-mit als Grossvorteil das mann dann also auch erheblich viel spart wegen dortige Himmelhohe Fahrpreise-und zu sehen gibt es auch viel mehr als mal wieder durch Bayern. Es sei denn-du bist wieder so gespannt auf sparen das mal wieder die NachtZúege herausgespukt wurden-und hast auch noch keine Schlauheit entwickelt um die ebenso Himmelhohe Zuschläge für Direkt züge über FR Grenzen zu meiden.

Und ausserdem ist ja M mit weiss/blau ab ein Paar Wochen wieder so ans feiern dass alles total aus+vollgebucht sei und das HBF voll mit Bierleichen liegt. Ist ausserdem auch noch unter Grossum/neubau.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Likewise, does a journey on the Caledonian sleeper leaving London at 21:15 UK time count as one day as a journey in my home country. I would have travelled in on Eurostar on that date to reach London.

As described earlier - you can travel on as many trains as you like in a travel day scheduled to leave between 0000 and 2359 CET so this should be counted as only one travel day AND only one COR (In/Out) day. 

However I believe the Caledonian Sleeper has some weird complication about classing  itself as the following day. Others may be able to expand on this with a definitive answer and how to work around it.

Edit - before panicking try adding the 2 journeys to your trip and see if it sees it as a single travel day. If so no problem. It seems as if it is linked in to CET problems and Cal Sleeper registering it as date of arrival.