Solved

interrail included journey but was charged for a train ticket

• 6 August 2022
  • 6 replies

I am travelling from Bordeaux st Jean to Arcachon- a journey which is included with your interrail pass- yet I was charged €50 for a train ticket. When trying to explain and show my pass/booked journey the conductor had no time to listen. What do I do?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 8 September 2022, 15:08

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

That is clearly wrong, a pass is 100% valid on those services,you should contact customer support.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

I’d also suggest complaining to SNCF but I’d have little hope of anything satisfactory from that shower.

What did he give you after taking this money?

@Camilo any chance we can drag you and your colleagues away from responding to months old expired queries in order to deal with a current problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

somehow I suspect that camilo is now busy clearing all the still as unanswered labelled old posts-peraps as a learning course-and that all these carefully to be done and highly sensible negotiations with giant burocratic state institutional chemins de fer have to be done at least on much higher chef-levels-plus that, this is FRance after all, they then decide this is a regional thing-by the nouvelle Aquitaine-and perhaps we see again the opera that was on PACA about that a few weeks ago.

I am travelling from Bordeaux st Jean to Arcachon- a journey which is included with your interrail pass- yet I was charged €50 for a train ticket. When trying to explain and show my pass/booked journey the conductor had no time to listen. What do I do?

Hello! Thank you for your question. Please accept my apology for the late response.

I am really sorry to read this! Could you please send us an email to customerservice@eurail.com ? Please include a picture from the additional ticket you had to pay as well as any other additional information that would help us investigate the issue.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Annie

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Is it possible that there was no reservation made so the inspector deemed the pass as invalid?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Is it possible that there was no reservation made so the inspector deemed the pass as invalid?

There are no reservable trains on that route, which is why my initial response was what it was.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

There are no reservable trains on that route, which is why my initial response was what it was.

Just a thought.