Solved

Interrail Italy Pass 3 days - could be used only for 2 trips :(

• 30 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I’ve been to Italy with my daughter last week and this week. We had a Interrail  Italy Pass for 3 days.

Anyway, it was quite annoying to me because we could only use 2 of the 3 trips, so I had to buy a expensive train ticket for my daughter and myself from Trenitalia for about 200,- €, because the app wouldn’t let me add the 3rd trip to my pass. It said that my travel days were already used. 

I guess the reason was I still had a travel day added which we did not use, as we had some changes in our travelling plans (but I guess that’s what the whole Interrail concept should support … ?). Anyway, there was no journey added to this day anyway, also no reservation! Why then was this empty day counted? I could not delete it either.

Anyway, I feel like we really have been cheated. There is no Hotline of Interrail/Eurail whatsoever. The chat help is a bot and does not understand anything.

The only means is this Community - which I only now after being home again find the time to write in - or mail. The autoreply then says “...due to an increase in requests our response may take a little longer than usual. We will try to get back to you within 4 days….”  - when you are in midst of a foreign country and wanting/having to travel on! 

→ Do you have any advice?

I really had to search for quite a long time to find the company’s (Eurail/Interrail’s) address on the website… :((

Another example for really bad service and leaving the customers alone after you have taken their money. 

Never again!

icon

Best answer by Nanja 2 August 2021, 11:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there, I am really sorry to hear about your experience. You did the right thing by contacting our Customer Support team as they can look into your case. There is a delay in response from our Customer Support but messages of customers who are travelling are being prioritized. Apologies, you haven't received the support from us when needed. Can you please provide me with your email address in a private message, so that we can have it prioritized and provide you with the right assistance.  

Note - Make sure to keep all receipts and/or other proof of the train ticket as this will be asked for to investigate.

Hi there, I am really sorry to hear about your experience. You did the right thing by contacting our Customer Support team as they can look into your case. There is a delay in response from our Customer Support but messages of customers who are travelling are being prioritized. Apologies, you haven't received the support from us when needed. Can you please provide me with your email address in a private message, so that we can have it prioritized and provide you with the right assistance.  

Note - Make sure to keep all receipts and/or other proof of the train ticket as this will be asked for to investigate.

Hi Nadja, 

The customer service was way too late with its reply - I would have needed help within a few hours on Wednesday, 28th July, as we had to travel back home the next day. They contacted me today, Sunday, 1st August! 👎

Also, they did mit seem to have read my mail closely. I was told that i used all my travel days so they assumed everything went well afterwards. Which is not the case at all.

As I said, I had to buy an extra ticket instead of using the last 3rd  journey as we had planned. So, to us it was really a 2-days pass instead of a 3-days pass as promised.

Therefore, I would like to ask Eurail for a refund of the extra ticket. Please give me the address where I can send the ticket to fit refunding. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, thanks for your feedback. Apologies for our Customer Support not being in time with providing assistance when you needed it. I encourage you to share the feedback with them directly, as they have all information to look into your case. A refund for the ticket you had to buy can be requested directly with Customer Support. You can just reply to their latest message.