Solved

Is there 50% discount on Eurail as it is in the Interrail?

Hi! My name is Sedef, and I am from North Macedonia. This summer I want to travel the EU through interrail and have wonderful adventures. I saw that Interrail is doing a 50% off discount for the passes and I wanted to ask if can non-European citizens benefit from the discount. I also checked the Eurail website for the discount but there is nothing stated about it. Can a buy a pass from Interrail’s website as a non-European citizen instead of Eurail’s website? If you can help me I will be so glad!

I look forward to hearing from you!

icon

Best answer by Angelo 7 May 2022, 11:20

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Is the German 9 euro unlimited travel on public transport available for tourists in June 2022 as I revisit Europe after 20 years.

Thanks your help

Yes, it is. But it is NOT valid on long-distance trains (ICE, EC, IC, Thalys, TGV, ECE, ...) so you will need a lot of time to travel around and the local trains might get very crowded because of this ticket especially on weekends to holiday destinations (Sylt, lake/mountain places in Bavaria, ...).

Sylt is scared of the 9€ ticket tourist. :D 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thank you for your reply Angelo! I found this on the Interrail website: “Only European residents can travel with an Interrail Pass. If you’re a non-European resident, you can travel with a Eurail Pass.” That’s why I got confused.

Eurail is for people like from the US or China. 

I am Singapore tourist, so can buy the eurail with 50 % discount?

Pls help reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I am Singapore tourist, so can buy the eurail with 50 % discount?

Pls help reply

No the 50% discount is only for Interrail 

Thanks

Is the German 9 euro unlimited travel on public transport available for tourists in June 2022 as I revisit Europe after 20 years.

Thanks your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks your help

Yes, it is. But it is NOT valid on long-distance trains (ICE, EC, IC, Thalys, TGV, ECE, ...) so you will need a lot of time to travel around and the local trains might get very crowded because of this ticket especially on weekends to holiday destinations (Sylt, lake/mountain places in Bavaria, ...).

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes you are allowed because North Macedonia is in Europe (the continent), Interrail has nothing to do with the European Union. Interrail is even accepted from North Macedonian Railways. 

Thank you for your reply Angelo! I found this on the Interrail website: “Only European residents can travel with an Interrail Pass. If you’re a non-European resident, you can travel with a Eurail Pass.” That’s why I got confused.

Hi Angelo, thank you for your guidance.
How about Armenia, can they have a discount? Armenia isn’t listed for Interrail. Can they still get the discount by Eurail?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Im not sure but I think that Armenia in this case is Eurail, and there is no discount in the moment.