Solved

Do I just add the trip and show the QR code as ticket?

Badge

Hello, I will be travelling from Milan to Munich on May 12th. When I reserved a seat the only option was to reserve from Milan to Zurich which I did , then wait 1h06 mins and continue to Munich (with no option to reserve).

do I just add a trip to my app and then click view tickets and have them scan the QR Code? This is considered my ticket ? Where do I sit if there is no reservation? Or do I reserve a seat in Zurich?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 8 May 2022, 20:08

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You don't need a reservation from Zürich to Munich. You just enter the train and find a free seat. Then, as you say, you show the QR code for the trip in the app when the tickets are checked.

Badge

Thank you! When you say, find a free seat, does that mean no one has a reservation or would the ones that are reserved be clearly marked ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thank you! When you say, find a free seat, does that mean no one has a reservation or would the ones that are reserved be clearly marked ?

There are screens over the seat, where you can check if a seat is reserved. Do you have tried via bahn.com with the seat only option?

Badge

No I have not, maybe I can try and reserve a seat there for that train? I will take a look

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It MAY still be that there is NO through train Z->M: due to shortage of the special stock used for that newly electrified line there was till very recent another change from local Swiss train to that train in a place somewhere in the east of Swiss near Austrian border.

bahn.de will be best to check for that.

Badge

I found the same train I have planned on Eurail and it allowed me to reserve.

should be fine