Solved

Greek island pass - paper, will not arrive in time. Can't find mobile option

Hi! Looking to buy a eurail greek islands pass (4 days). My paper pass will not arrive in time and I wanted to confirm that I could use my mobile pass solely. The checkout will not give me the option to add mobile pass.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 1 June 2022, 07:16

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Greek Island Pass is only available as a paper pass. 

@AnnaB Where can we purchase the paper pass in person? Is there a place in Madrid or Paris we can purchase it from? Thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

NO-just forget it. Your savings are minimal and the pass ties you in to certain ferries only0they may not even go to where you want

@mcadv I have run the numbers, I would be saving $700 if I buy the pass. But thanks

Where can I buy this in person. I will be in France, Spain and Greece. Any factual info is greatly appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Where can I buy this in person. I will be in France, Spain and Greece. Any factual info is greatly appreciated.

@seewulf @rvdborgt Where can the Greek Islands Pass be bought in France, Spain or Greece?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As far as I know, not anymore in Greece. It was possible until about 2 years ago but last year there were a number of reports that people could not buy it in Greece.

As to France, you could call SNCF (press #85 for English) and ask if they sell the Eurail passes anywhere in France and if they then also sell the Eurail Greek Islands pass.

The same for RENFE in Spain, phone number is +34 91 232 03 20. They have some Eurail aid offices so there's a chance they also sell Eurail passes there.

@rvdborgt Thank you I just called the RENFE office in Spain, I was told that I can buy the paper pass at any of the stations listed under the “Eurail Aid Offices”. Luckily there is one in Madrid, my girlfriend is walking over there now. I’m crossing my fingers! 

@AnnaB thanks I know it’s only avaialable in paper pass, if only that answer was all it took. It’s very complicated for Americans to purchase this, how is this only available to FOREIGNERS yet make it sooo complicated to purchase and actually use it. If I wasnt traveling with kids, I wouldn’t care. But we are a party of 5-7 so savings on this pass and planning are essential.