Solved

need help!! 4 day greek island pass

Badge

Booked one ferry, activated pass. Cancelled ferry and pass won’t deactivate so currently can’t get to next place till it’s sorted. Been emailing multiple people and no luck. How do I contact interrail????

icon

Best answer by Elles Panen 26 August 2022, 13:18

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you have activated a paper pass that can't be undone. Making alterations to a paper pass makes it unvalid.

Badge

We have only booked the ferry, nothing has been written down. Is this still the case?? Everything online seems to say you can cancel it as long as it’s not after the day of travel 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As far as I know you can't have a Greek Islands Ferry pass on your mobile. What pass do you have?

Badge

4-day greek islands pass. It’s not on our mobile but we were able to book online. So merely just the code was used however nothing has been written on our pass to say it’s been used. And the travel day hasn’t occurred. Even though we’ve cancelled the trip it’s still classing as activated on our pass

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you have a paper pass and noting is written on that then you are fine. 

Badge

But it’s still not letting us book online nor when we go into the ticket shop, everyone is saying it’s not valid ☹️☹️☹️ How do we fix that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Claudi. There has been quite som issues with Greek Island Ferry passes that don't allow travellers to make reservations.  Can you please investigate?

Badge

Would be great if this could be resolved as we need to leave tomorrow to athens and it’s not a cheap trip. Is there any way of claiming back from interrail if this hasn’t been sorted?

How did you fix this? We want to deactivate as well, because we want to change our start-date...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

How did you fix this? We want to deactivate as well, because we want to change our start-date...

Deactivating and changing the start date is only possible with a mobile pass (in My Pass). Greek Islands passes however are only available on paper.

So what do we do now? I can’t book the first ferry (3th sept) at blue star ferries...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So what do we do now? I can’t book the first ferry (3th sept) at blue star ferries...

Booking a reservation is not related to pass activation. You can book reservations without activating a pass. And you should, because it's not a good idea to activate in advance since you never know what will happen.

As to deactivating the pass:

If you have a flexipass, go to My Pass, select your pass, select each travel day and then tap on "Cancel travel day”. Once you've cancelled all travel days, the pass should be deactivated.

If you have a continuous pass, go to My Pass, select your pass and tap on "Deactivate pass”.

For both types of pass, this is only possible until midnight CET before the start date.

If this doesn't work for you, then please describe what happens after which step. If there's an error message, then please post a screenshot.

Badge

Hi! So have you booked a ferry too far in advance? Or is your start date wrong?

Hi! I booked a ferry for the 5th & the 7th of september. But now I want to book a ferry for the 3th of september and this gives an error… I don’t know how to fix this

Badge

Start date and activation date are very different. Start date is the time you can travel (I’m assuming) and activation is when your pass is in use. If you want to change the start date then this can’t be done. If you want to change the activation date, we had to ring up Attica-group and speak to them. Don’t bother with blue star they’re useless it took us 2 weeks to get it sorted through them and I had to shout at someone to actually get in contact with a person able to fix it. 

Badge

Ah yes that’s the problem we had. Ring Attica group and they’ll change the activation date for you :)

Oh thank you so much! So you could eventually book a ferry that left some days before the one you booked first?

Badge

Yeah just had to tell them the date we needed to get the ferry then it worked :) I think the number is +30 21 0891 9777

thank you so so much!! :)

Badge

No problem hopefully you don’t have to go through what we did with trying to get it sorted😅😅😅 best of luck

Yesss! It worked! thank you so much! If anyone with the exact same problem reads this; call +30 21 0891 9777, as Jsmall1 suggested, and ask for Yabanis Yannis. He’s the person who helped us :))