Solved

Do I need to set an itinerary in the app, or is it enough to have specified the day I am travelling?

Badge

Hi there — I’ve bought the pass, validated it, set the first day, bought the Eurostar reservation.

Don’t think I need a reservation for my Avanti train from Coventry to London (although the Trip Planner in the app says I do). Does anyone know?

Do I need to set an itinerary in the app, or is it enough to have specified the day I am travelling? The trains I want (including the Eurostar I’ve booked and paid for) aren’t available, so setting the itinerary seems pointless.

The Eurostar reservation (from Interrail) says I have to print the PDF out. That seems strange — is it true? I can print stuff for the beginning of the trip, no problem, but I’m not planning to book the whole trip in advance, and once I’m on the road it’ll be hard to find printers I’d have thought.

All responses gratefully received!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 17 May 2022, 22:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Don’t think I need a reservation for my Avanti train from Coventry to London (although the Trip Planner in the app says I do). Does anyone know?

You don't. RDG are sending incorrect train attributes in their timetable data.

Do I need to set an itinerary in the app, or is it enough to have specified the day I am travelling? The trains I want (including the Eurostar I’ve booked and paid for) aren’t available, so setting the itinerary seems pointless.

You have to add the trains you are using, see this page. You can always add trains manually if you don't find them in the planner, but first check if there's an app update.

The Eurostar reservation (from Interrail) says I have to print the PDF out. That seems strange — is it true? I can print stuff for the beginning of the trip, no problem, but I’m not planning to book the whole trip in advance, and once I’m on the road it’ll be hard to find printers I’d have thought.

You don't need to print it. Only for night trains it is usually a good idea.

Badge

Many thanks rvdborgt!