Solved

Can I use one or more trains as outbound/Inbound journey?

• 24 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello Community Members,

I’m new to interrail and would like to know clear understanding of outbound and inbound journey

My country of residence is Sweden and travel plan as below

Outbound:

Day-1 Vasteras-Home town (Sweden) - Goteborg (Sweden)

Goteborg (Sweden) - Copenhagen (Denmark)

Copenhagen (Denmark) - Hamburg HBF (Germany)

Inbound:

Day-7  Hamburg HBF (Germany) - Copenhagen (Denmark)

Copenhagen (Denmark) - Stockholm (Sweden)

Stockholm (Sweden) - Vasteras-Home town (Sweden)

In this above outbound and inbound travel plan, can i make two train to reach the another country

or only one travel journey to outbound /inbound ie  Goteborg (Sweden) - Copenhagen (Denmark) and Copenhagen (Denmark) - Stockholm (Sweden)

could please someone make clarify?

icon

Best answer by Angelo 24 November 2021, 08:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I'm not sure what you mean by "one travel”. In any case, you can use as many trains as you like on the inbound and outbound travel days.

From the conditions of use:

(Section II, par. 5.2)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Outbound/Inboud is valid for all the day. This means you can take on this day so many trains that you need to go to the border or to get back home. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can use as many trains as you want on any given travel day. And on an inbound/outbound day, you can also do that in your country of residence.

You can use as many trains as you want on any given travel day. And on an inbound/outbound day, you can also do that in your country of residence.

Thanks for your reply

But still not clear when reading statement from Q&A  Support (see below attached) that one outbound journey means that one place in home country to another place in another country? and the same is for inbound journey

Actually one outbound journey means how to consider one travel or multiple travel during the day

Please clarify me