Solved

Outbound journey problem

• 26 March 2023
  • 7 replies

We are travelling on the Eurostar today on a later time than expected. We have reservations for the correct train but it won’t allow me to add it to the pass as it says I have used up the outbound stage - but obviously we haven’t- it won’t let me change 

help!!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 26 March 2023, 11:15

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are the journeys overlapping? It won’t let you add overlapping trains.

Try adding a much later Eurostar journey for this evening, that doesn't overlap with the one that’s already in.

Then delete the original one, then add in the one you will take. Then finally delete this evening’s?!

To be honest, it probably wouldn’t matter even if you couldn’t change it. You have a pass that’s valid for today, for the right operator, for an inbound/outbound journey, with a valid QR code. Eurostar will only be interested in your boarding pass anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What travels have you already made in the UK?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We are travelling on the Eurostar today on a later time than expected. We have reservations for the correct train but it won’t allow me to add it to the pass as it says I have used up the outbound stage - but obviously we haven’t- it won’t let me change 

Please go into My Trip and check all dates where it says "Out/In” next to the date. The message you saw suggests there should be 2.

If those dates are in the past, did you indeed travel in the UK on both of those dates?

If at least one is in the future, then you can remove it from your pass.

After playing around with deleting trains and activating the pass I managed to activate the pass with the correct train.  Eurostar insisted on seeing mine and my wife’s pass and even checked it was for the correct date even though we had seat reservations.

So the scare ended ok.

Our journey out was cancelled by Eurostar and we are finding it difficult to get our money back for the seat reservations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Our journey out was cancelled by Eurostar and we are finding it difficult to get our money back for the seat reservations.

Where did you book them? Contact that party for a refund. If it's Interrail, contact customer service here:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

I have contacted customer services and they said they would investigate. 

One week later…... nothing

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Just be patient. They'll get back to you.