Solved

Which trip counts as the outbound / inbound Trip

Hi Everyone,

first time Interrail User here. I’m based in Berlin and my first trip is supposed to go to France. Due to the relatively long distance I was planning to make it a 2-day trip. First Berlin > Frankfurt, stay for a night and then do Frankfurt > Paris the next morning.

Now with a global Pass I’ve got one inbound and one outbound ticket included. My question is if the Frankfurt > Paris trip counts as the “outbound” one or if I can use the Berlin > Frankfurt trip for it instead?

Thanks in advance!

Best, M

icon

Best answer by mcadv 12 May 2022, 20:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ganz einfach-du darfst bloss 2 Tage -mit app/mobile pass, IN deine Heimat fahren.

Mit paper pass you MUST get out on day 1. A very recent Q on community.bahn and answered by DB itself has again you should use a direct route without zickzack etc from Heim to Grenze.

Its very well doable to do from B (war einmal ´Hauptstadt´ drüben) via F to f.e. Strasbourg or even LUXembourg (free travel) in 1 day.

ODER: so viel kostet dat ja ook net: das neue 9€ monatsticket/Sommerangebot für janz DE -nur R/Nahverkehr-dauert bloss eine weile laenger.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Just to add here, you have one allocated outbound day to leave your home country and one inbound day to re-enter it. You can take as many trains needed within this 24-hour period to exit and re-enter your home country, but any further travel can not be done using your pass. You can always opt for additional full fare point-to-point tickets if needed