Solved

Paper pass never received

Hello the community,

I bought a global pass, paper one. But I never received it. I am trying to contact by e-mail, messenger and twitter interrail but I never had any answer.

Does anyone has a solution or a phone number to solve this problem?

I plan to go in 10 days.

Thank you for your help

Ludi

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 31 July 2021, 22:00

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did you mention to customer service when you would be leaving? That's an important factor in prioritising support requests.

Eurail are responsible until delivery, as long as the address is correct, but they probably won't be able to get other passes to you in time. So they are likely to offer a refund, but then you still have to buy new passes and that leaves you with the option to buy mobiles passes or to buy a pass on arrival in Europe. Whether the latter is possible depends on where you arrive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thanks! We did note in the form that I filled out when our departure date is so hopefully that will help move things along. I was wondering about buying passes once we arrive. We fly into Frankfurt and train from there. The mobile pass is probably our best bet but my parents are a little leery of technology so we were trying to avoid it.

The DB ticket offices used to sell Eurail Passes. There is one in Frankfurt at the Airport.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

According to DB's tariff information, they sell Eurail passes at:

Berlin Hbf, Berlin Flughafen BER, Dresden Hbf, Düsseldorf Hbf, Frankfurt(M) Hbf, Frankfurt (M) Flughafen, Hamburg Hbf, Hannover Hbf, Heidelberg Hbf, Köln Hbf, Leipzig Hbf, München Hbf, München Flughafen, Stuttgart Hbf, DB UK Surbiton (London).

So that should indeed be possible at Frankfurt airport.

Hello,

I am in a similar situation. My parents and I ordered 3 global passes on April 3. The invoice said it would arrive by May 4th. They have not arrived. We tried contacting the international courier and we were directed to the United States Postal Service. The United States postal service cannot find the package and told us to contact Eurail. We have tried to contact Eurail by filling out a form on May 10th. Eurail responded on May 14th saying the form had been received. We haven’t heard anything since then. But leave in 1 week. Any thoughts on ways to reach customer service would be greatly appreciated!

Jamie

Thanks! We did note in the form that I filled out when our departure date is so hopefully that will help move things along. I was wondering about buying passes once we arrive. We fly into Frankfurt and train from there. The mobile pass is probably our best bet but my parents are a little leery of technology so we were trying to avoid it.

Hi, 

I am in a similar situation - my paper pass never arrived. I purchases a Greek Islands pass (4 travels within 1 month). I am trying to obtain a digital one but no one seems to be able to answer my emails or messages. 

I am leaving tomorrow ! I am a bit worried, could someone help please 

Thanks in advance

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did you use the new contact form? That's the best way to contact customer service.

Yes, i had an answer their hold me that I took a mobile pass for which I received an email. But I never received it.. .

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can exchange a mobile pass for a paper pass:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/interrail-mobile-pass/mobile-pass-faq

Customer service can do that. If you leave in 10 days, then ask them ASAP. They should be able to find your order, even if you didn't receive an email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Josephine, Can you provide me with your email address via a private message so that we can sort it our for you? It is not possible to purchase the digital one. The Greek island Pass is only available as paper version. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Ludi, just checking in to see if you have received the email you were missing. Do let me know. Cheers,