Solved

Secured two trips but did not pay. How do I pay and confirm them?

Hi, I have a mobile pass for the upcoming summer. In the mobile app under My Pass I think I have been able to secure two trips so far. One Paris to Marseille and one Genoa to Zurich. Both required seat reservation fee of EUR 10. I have however not paid for this yet. How do I pay for seat reservation and confirm my spot on the train?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 12 May 2022, 21:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

hej, svenskarna,

Normally payment is directly and in fact the REServ will only be confirmed (by mail) if it all went through the right way. PLus that-I guess so-if you use the app of interrail, there is always a 2€ extra admin. fee added. So I conclude your REServ are not made. The mail will tell date/train nr, from A to B and car+seat nr.

For Genoa-Border IT/CH (as that is it) do not bother much-can also do there. Or-as has been told here so many times-try via oebb.at. Price as I rember then is 11€ for CH-IT. Maybe you were simply too early for it.

In FR for these TGV its only 10 IF you are let in the often small quota-if not then its 20. The app cannot handle the 20€-then it says its not possible/full. Then you have to choose other ways.

Hi! Thanks for the tips. When you say mail do you mean physical mail in the post or via email?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When you say mail do you mean physical mail in the post or via email?

For the trains mentioned reservations will be e-mailed.

Reservations in France can be done online via Interrail (booking fee 2€ per person and train) or via Belgian railways (booking fee 4€ per order). Also possible from the ticket office in France, Belgium, Luxembourg or Switzerland (no booking fee). Or by phone via SNCF (press #85 for English, no booking fee).

Reservations in Italy or from Italy to Switzerland can be done online via Interrail (booking fee 2€ per person and train) or ÖBB (no booking fee, use these steps).