Problems with Eurail app date selection

• 27 November 2021
  • 4 replies

When searching for a train connection and selecting a date for travel, the app shows me routes on a different day (that I don’t want to travel on, usually the following day) and not on the day I want to travel on. The only way to get around this is to select a date I DONT want to travel on and hopefully get the date I want. This seems pretty ridiculous if I have to do this for every connection.

I have friends who are currently travelling in Europe using the pass at the moment and are finding the app quite difficult to use because of various errors.

Wondering if anyone is encountering these problems. I don’t want to be stuck with more problems when in Europe and if the app is really that poorly designed I’m considering cancelling the pass for a refund and buying individual tickets.

thanks 

Andrew 

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Andrew. There are two possibilities that come to mind as you describe this problem (which we haven't heard of before). One is that you might be looking for departure times that are too late. If you choose a departure time after 20.00, especially departing from smaller cities/towns, there might be no options available, and the timetable will show all available options after the selected time (which, in many cases, will be the next morning). Another possibility would be a software bug related to time zones - maybe the conflicting settings (your current location's timezone vs. the European times) could potentially cause this sort of issue. As rvdborgt mentioned; can you please describe the steps and the train routes/times you are looking into?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Which connections are involved?

If the connections are not in the interrail app, you have to add them manually.

Use the train app from CFF or DB BAHN for correct train connections.

Most connections, it tends to happen if I select a later departure time. They are all definitely in the Eurail/interail app as they will appear if I select a date I don’t want to travel on to get to the date that I do. These corresponding connections are all also listed in the respective train companies websites.

For the moment it is a minor annoyance, as I’ve learnt that sometimes selecting the day before the actual day I want to travel will show me connections for the correct date. However if it keeps doing that and getting my travel dates wrong when I’m in Europe and activating the wrong travel days, it would probably be quite disruptive.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Most connections, it tends to happen if I select a later departure time. They are all definitely in the Eurail/interail app as they will appear if I select a date I don’t want to travel on to get to the date that I do.

Could you please describe the steps to reproduce for one specific example? Start from launching the app or from tapping "Clear all” in the planner.