Solved

Purchased Eurail pass with wrong start date - Pass is about to expire without making use of it.

• 5 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello, I purchased a $400 USD Eurail pass and was confused about directions and entered the wrong start date thinking it was active for 11 months. I thought the ‘start date’ would be whenever you used it first. In any case, I’m about to leave overseas and just found out that my month pass ends in three days, whoops!

I emailed and messaged Eurail on May 1st but still haven’t heard back. My flight is in less than 24 hours and I’m getting nervous! Anyone been in this situation? When can I expect to hear from them? I’m flying into Madrid, Spain. Is there a booth at the airport or something? Is there a phone number I can call? I’m freaking out. 

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 4 August 2022, 15:25

View original

1 reply

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your question. I am really sorry to read this ! For a Paper Pass, you have to set a start date for your Interrail trip during checkout. In other words, you need to be sure when you will start travelling with a Paper Pass.  After setting your start date, it's only possible to change it by exchanging your Pass (€15 exchange fee).

If you need further assistance, please send me a PM including your order number and email and we will do our best to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Annie