Solved

Refund too late?

• 13 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi!

I have bought two Interrail Passes for 8 days within a month for Italy only, starting date august.

As I did this in december, i planned august for our journey. Unfortunately i didn’t get vacation from my company in august, only for september. I now planned my trip for september, forgetting that on the paper tickets, there is a starting and ending date (in my case august). The starting date was the 5th of august and i now want to swap the tickets from august to september.

What i read from the website is that this is not possible, after the starting date has passed.

My question now is can i get a refund, even though the starting date has already happened a week ago?

Thanks in advance for answering!

Best regards

Anita

icon

Best answer by Nanja 13 August 2021, 11:58

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, due to holiday leave I was unable to reply to your message myself. I trust you have been able to get in touch with my colleague Leo in the community via private messaging orour Customer Support team for further assistance. If not, do not hesitate to let me know. Cheers, 

Hi Nanja!

I now tried to cancel our trip but while doing so, the system tells me that I’m not enabled to cancel it. There is no reason why I shouldn’t be able to but it simply doesn’t work.

I got the tickets stamped with “UNUSED” and a signature of the employee but I now cannot send them back.

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You're very welcome. You will be provided with the address when you request the refund in your account. Same to you! :relaxed:

Have a nice weekend!

Thanks a lot Nanja!

You really helped me out a lot and I will contact customer support aswell get the tickets stamped.

Can you please just tell me the adress, to which I have to send the tickets back to?

Cheers :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, that is correct. As stated in our refund policy, you can return your Pass BEFORE the first day of validity, which is the start date you chose during the order process. 

A refund for a Pass returned to us on or after the first day of validity requires the Pass to be marked ‘NOT USED’ by a railway official, BEFORE the first day of validity, with a signature and a dated stamp of the station/ticket office. You need to send us your Pass within six months from the last date of the validity of the Pass.

I advise you to contact our Customer Support team directly here, to see if there is anything we can do for you in exchanging the Pass. Cheers,