Solved

Traveling from another country

• 7 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi i live in the netherlands but i want to fly to athene and start using the pass from there, is that possible because i did read somewhere that if you would start in your own country and come back in your country that your pass doesn’t work anymore but i want to use it afterwards, can someone help me with this?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 January 2022, 17:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi i live in the netherlands but i want to fly to athene and start using the pass from there, is that possible

Yes, that's no problem.

i did read somewhere that if you would start in your own country and come back in your country that your pass doesn’t work anymore but i want to use it afterwards, can someone help me with this?

Where did you read that? It's completely incorrrect. You can use your pass whereever you like. The only restriction is that, in your country of residence, you can only use it on 2 of the travel days; these are the inbound/outbound journeys. But you can use these at any point during the validity period of your pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can start and end where you want.

The only limited is that you have two days of travel in your Homecountry One to Leave (Outbound) and one to come back (inbound)

You can use these Inbound/Outbound days in any order and on any day within the pass Validity :)
I (Germany as Homecountry) started for example once in Hungary traveled through Slovakia/Czech Republic - Poland then my Inbound journey to my hometown in Germany and started few days later with my outbound journey a new trip via Netherlands and Belgium to Scotland

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are millions of all kind of stories on all kinds of old and new style media about IR, its many pitfalls-in the past it was also misused too often and hence in some countries checks are extremely severe and it has to be said too that many tried to misuse it often, exp. by the ´traveldays´. So one got caught and made up a story and put in it in whatever media.