Solved

Traveling from Basel, Switzerland to France with One Country Pass (France)

• 27 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Can I make a reservation for a TGV from Basel to Paris, if I have a France One Country Pass? I know it's written that travelling to the country of your one country pass isnt included. But the TGV is opeated by the french SNCF. In addition, in the "trains in france" site on the Interrail-Website, it is written that "An Interrail Pass valid in France covers travel to some train stations of bordering countries: Basel (Switzerland)(...)". So can I travel from Basel to Paris (and make reservations for the TGV) when i'll buy a one country pass?

icon

Best answer by Nanja 30 June 2021, 11:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Should be possible as Basel is the borderpoint for the TGV´s but note that the reservations from Basel are quite high :) to save some money i recommend to go by regionaltrain till Muhlhouse and catch from there the same TGV with a cheaper French reservation of just 10€ instead of over 30€ from Basel

I’m planning on taking the same route with a One Country Pass for France. What additional ticket do I have to buy for this trip (other than a Global Pass)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’m planning on taking the same route with a One Country Pass for France. What additional ticket do I have to buy for this trip (other than a Global Pass)?

I suppose you'd need a ticket from Saint-Louis (last station in France) to Basel SBB.

@Nanja That is a French domestic ticket still, which is why it's strange that an Interrail for France would not be valid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, you can travel on the international route but only if this route is included in the One Country France Pass. With this route it is not the case, as with a  One Country France Pass you can only travel within French borders.