Solved

Can I use an Interrail Global pass to travel in Germany as alternative to a Bahncard 100?

• 22 September 2021
  • 2 replies

HI Everyone,

Due to my studies I have to commute from Mannheim to Freiburg quite often in the next months. I had a look at the test version of the Bahncard 100 but its too expensive. My question is if I could techically use the 2-3 months Global pass for commuting between Mannheim and Freiburg? I only plan to do one in-outbound travel to switzerland in december, but for the rest of the time I would just be in Germany.

Thank you for your time,

Enrique 

icon

Best answer by seewulf 23 September 2021, 11:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You are from Switzerland? Than it would be possible, but you are staying in Germany for a longer period? I don’t know if this is ok according to the interrail rules.  

What is my country of residence? (interrail.eu) could help you but it’s not so full with detail. 

2021 Eurail and Interrail Pass Conditions of Use (SCIC-RPT) v2 

You could also use only a One-Country-Pass Germany (wich is cheeper → but only valid to to Border, you need a Ticket from expl. Basel Bad Bf. into Switzerland).

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Offical rules says the validity depends on residence but for Real its the Citizenship :) so as Swiss Citizen no problem to use the pass as BC100 between these Cities :) 

Even some Traindrivers in Germany from for example Sweden get 3Month passes as duty Tickets to travel between their Shifts :D as the pass Workout cheaper