Solved

What fees does Global Pass cover?

• 21 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello everyone! I’m first time traveling with Interrail and in need of your help. 

I want to travel from Germany to Italy this December. During my stay in Italy, i might travel to some cities there. Then, I will travel to Spain for several days, back to Italy. Then travel back to Germany.

My questions are: 

1. Global pass will cover train cost from Germany to Italy and return. Is it correct? And it is considered 2 travel days?
  2. Does Global pass cover cost for using trains from Italy to Spain and return to Italy?
  3. Does it cover trains cost forward and back within Italy cities? cities within Spain?

Thanks so much. 

Truc

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 21 December 2021, 18:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. Global pass will cover train cost from Germany to Italy and return. Is it correct? And it is considered 2 travel days?
  2. Does Global pass cover cost for using trains from Italy to Spain and return to Italy?
  3. Does it cover trains cost forward and back within Italy cities? cities within Spain?
  1. That is correct. How many travel days you need depends on how many days you'll be travelling. One travel day is from 0:00 until 23:59, with the exception that you don't need a new travel day if you stay on the same train after midnight.
  2. Yes but the fast trains have mandatory reservations with extra costs and (from/to France) with limited quota for passengers with Interrail, so book in advance.
  3. Yes, you can travel as much as you want within France and Spain or any other country that is not your country of residence.
Badge

Thank you so much @rvdborgt. All is clear to me now. Merry Christmas!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

PLUS: you also will have to deal with the new severe entry covid-regulations, testing etc.

AND you will note that esp. in Espana=Spain it is often much less simple as it seems now to make these necessary REServations and supplements. This is quite different from how it works with DB in Germany

It will be a challenge to do IT-ES in 1 day, but this depends on the exact start and finish of the planned trip.

Badge

@mcadv : thanks much. definitely taking your note on covid regulation and train riding duration IT-ES