Solved

where can you go with the one country pass

• 22 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to travel to Poland from Germany (my resident county)

I have a question. Can you travel from Germany to Poland, or do you have to be in Poland to be able to use this pass?

Thanks for the help:)

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 22 December 2022, 00:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

1.if you plan to use that B-W Express for in/out-then you have to pay the normal full-flex fare till borderbridge=

You can still use a BahnCard for the ticket to the border. Or buy a Sparpreis to Rzepin.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

1.if you plan to use that B-W Express for in/out-then you have to pay the normal full-flex fare till borderbridge=cost an awful lot of money, maybe eve more as the advance sparpreis till Poznan or so

1. for In PL on PKP all seats are-at least theoretically, RES-easy to do at counter for 1 PLN=22 cts. BUT at peak times often full, as trains tend to be quite short. For local trains pass ONLY valid on POlRegio and KD-but by now there are some 8-9 other local companies.
  2. Fares IN PL are quite low for germans and there are also lots of even lower priced special offers-by far the better option
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

A one country pass is only valid in 1 country. For travel to that country, you'll need separate tickets from/to the border tariff point (or the first station in that country is that's cheaper).

For Poland, you'd better check if the pass is really a better deal than normal tickets and whether all trains you're planning to take are included. Not all operators in Poland accept Interrail.