Solved

Wrong country of residence

Hello,

Last week i started my interrail trip from Vienna - city of residence - to Stuttgart. I was using one of my inbounds/outbounds and everything was fine so far. Today I tried to book my trains to France and realized that the country of residence, mentioned on my pass is Germany - maybe cause I have German id, but just living here for summer -. Is there any chance to change the county of residence after already activating the pass? Would be really helpful cause I planned Germany as the spot where I will start all my travels.

thanks

icon

Best answer by Nanja 13 July 2021, 14:55

View original

46 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Via Twitter or Facebook i had always the fastest contact to the Customer Service :)

Thanks Nanja for your fast answer.

I am a bit confused because Germany is not my country of residence even though I have to pay for all the trips, when crossing the border to Germany - i pay for a trip that should have been for free…

Is there really no chance to change it?

Hello,

Is there a direct number we can call?

Thank you Nanja.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, it has been flagged. They will get back to you today, at the soonest possible moment. Cheers, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you @AnnaB , for the explanation! I see my request with status ‘Open’ (username = ‘Lisannedeweert2006’). I really hope it will be looked at soon!

@Marion @Nanja Can you help @lisanne12345 ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello! My country of residence is wrong. I am starting my interrail in two weeks. Is it able to change it as fast as possible before that? I have a digital ticket and I haven't activated my pass yet!

Only Customer Service can assist in such cases (Moderator note: incorrect information - see note below)
https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Moderator note: the country of residence cannot be changed by customer support - you'll need to request a pass exchange.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi all, just to clarify: Unfortunately customer support can't update your country of residence after you've purchased the Pass. This can only be done by ordering a new Pass with the correct country of residence and requesting a refund for your old Pass (a Pass exchange).

For more information have a look on this page  → '’adding, removing and activating your mobile pass'’ section → scroll down to '’The information on my mobile pass is wrong, what should I do?'’

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have the same problem: the country of residence was autofilled based on my nationality.

I cannot reproduce that. The country of residence is always unselected, showing "select a country” when you first get to the traveller details step.

Hello there,
I haven't been able to reach anyone for weeks. I started Interrail on July 2nd. Since I came to France for a short time, I used my address information in France. but normally I am a Turkish citizen and I live in Turkey. For this reason, I cannot travel to France and its neighboring countries. I can only enter and exit France twice. So I want to fix this situation. First of all, instead of buying Interrail again, I have to buy the Eurail pass. and then they should change the passport and country information on my pass with a 15 euro fee. Should this process be like this? but normally I use a 2-month unlimited pass, but since I haven't been able to reach customer service for 1 month, I only have 1 month travel pass left. In this case, should I only buy a 1-month eurail pass for free change? The second question is when will they send my money back. I am traveling and I need money How soon will they send me the money? I'm so sorry my whole trip has been ruined and I can't reach anyone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, if you have entered the number of your German ID in the check out, this is the one showing on your Pass as your country of residence. 

Unfortunately we can't update your country of residence after you've purchased the Pass. This can only be done by ordering a new Pass with the correct country of residence and requesting a refund for your old Pass (a Pass exchange).

If you have already used your inbound and outbound trip for travel in Germany, you will need to purchase point-to-point tickets for the rest of the trips in Germany. Enjoy the rest of your trip :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Unfortunately it can't be changed

@kelbel1201 Did they change your country of residence after you activated your pass?

I have also problem of choosing wrong country of residence and I have activated my pass. I am still waiting a response from Customer Service.

I have also mistakenly bought adult ticket since I was so close to becoming 28 years old and I also paid some extra but I have still a few months to become 28 years old. 

@Cennet 

Ikametini Turkiye olarak belirleyebilirsin yoksa diger turlu almanyada rahat gezemezsin.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@kelbel1201 Did they change your country of residence after you activated your pass?

I have also problem of choosing wrong country of residence and I have activated my pass. I am still waiting a response from Customer Service.

I have read in the document where it says it is only possible to change pass details after activation through appsupport@interrail.eu but I did not get any reply yet in 3 days.

I have also mistakenly bought adult ticket since I was so close to becoming 28 years old and I also paid some extra but I have still a few months to become 28 years old. 

If the pass is NOT activated, then Customer Support can (=incorrect, see moderator note below) change the country of residence so you need to deactivate you pass.

You can contact Customer Support through this form:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Moderator note: In any case (activated or not) the country of residence cannot be changed, you'll need to request an exchange - see my reply above.

I have unfortunately activated and used my pass on the first day but I am not able to use it anymore because the country of residence in my pass is the country that I wanted to travel in. :(

Hello , i have exactly the same issue. I did a booking for my girlfriend and myself and her residence is not correct. I emailed the customer service two weeks ago and im still waiting for an answer. We are traveling in 5 days , Can you please help ? Thanks

I also have the same problem 

I have not yet added an outbound journey but would like to do it soon! My country of residence is as Germany but I am here only for the winter

Is there a quick solution for the same?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, unfortunately we can't update your country of residence after you've purchased the Pass. This can only be done by ordering a new Pass with the correct country of residence and requesting a refund for your old Pass (a Pass exchange).

Moderator note: this message has been modified

I have exactly the same issue, being French but residing in the UK. I only put France as my country of residence because when buying the pass it is mentioned that the country of residence as per my passport should be used otherwise the pass would not be valid. My pass isn’t activated yet, and I’ve sent a query through the link shared - but considering the number of cases the mention in the website should definitely be changed! 

hi 

i have the same problem. I am a citizen of Turkey. But I came to France for a short time. and I registered with interrail with my address in france. but now i can't travel in france and europe because of this. My trip started on July 3rd. and i have 2 month unlimited pass. Even though I sent miles to customer service many times, there was no response.

Thanks

Hey, i have the same problem and i send a email more than 1 month ago... i was exchange student in switzerland but my stay abroad is finished... my residence is in germany but while buying the pass one month ago, i used my adress in switzerland... i want to start my trip on wednesday... so im asking for help as soon as possible :) ! Thanks in advance!!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Mikael, we do not have a phonenumber. You can get in touch with our Customer Support by submitting your question here

Thanks Anna for this log in explanation! I’m also waiting on an answer (request id #196727) and my journey is getting close, so I’ve sent another reply to the feed, I hope someone will respond in time!

@rvdborgt - I definitely got tricked by the sentence highlighted in your other post, forced me to change the country of residency from UK to France, this is so misleading (especially for something that can cost 300€)!

Hi - I bought a pass for me, my husband ant three children. Our first train leave in 18 hours and we just realised that the wrong country of residence (Belgium) is marked on our pass. My husband and three children are German citizens, I am a German resident. Is it possible to change our country of residence asap? Thank you! We need to catch a train at 6.20pm on Thursday the 24th of March, 2022 (I mean… today!!!)