Solved

how to get to verbier

• 2 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi! Can someone help route me from Geneva to verbier? I have the eurail global pass. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 2 December 2022, 09:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Well, as canuck you use FRench overthere……..

Verbier seems like the name of a valley and mostly famous for wintersports-you have to search/use the name of a real town/village. AND-no need to tell that all the times again-use local planner first-as can be expected in a country with very good organised public transit: sbb.ch or cff.ch or sbb.com. NOW the prob: YOUR pass will only be valid on SBB (main Swiss railways) and also a host of local /regional minor sidelines, but not all. You´ll have to do either some searches all by yourself or come back with much more detail so that others may help. These yellow POSTbuses where Swiss is also so famous for, are not included in THIS pass. NOR are any of the multitude of cable/rack/mountain etc railways/cableways-and these tend to be quite expensive. IF your stay is mostly limited to there-it might be better to swap for the Swiss TOurist pass-covers much more as just some trains.

Badge +5

For travel in Switzerland use the SBB app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Indeed, use the SBB app or www.sbb.ch for the timetable. It looks like train to Le Châble (included in the pass) and then either a bus or a cable car to Verbier (not included as far as I know), depending on where in Verbier you want to go.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt is correct. The travel until Les Châble is included in Eurail/Interrail but not the travel after that.