Routes Paris-Mont Dauphin

My son has a two month Eurail Pass with 15 train rides. We have friends in a ski town called VARS in the Alpes. I see that there is a train from Paris to Chorges. Can I get my son from Chorges to Mont Dauphin via bus? I think he can get a ride from Mont Dauphin to Vars from our friends but this seems the most efficient? Also, does the Eurail pass cover the TGV high speed train? In that case he can take that from Paris (Lyon)-Grenoble. I would then need to get him from Grenoble to Mont Dauphin where he could get picked up. So looking for the most efficient way to get my son from Paris-Vars. Cheers! Joe

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

TGV´s are covered but need a reservation of 10€ or 20€ :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The best way to make reservations for French trains is to call SNCF. No need of Pass Cover Number. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

To find out about any BUSes in France_google! ALl the regions are now obliged to organise this and it varies a lot in how they do it. It may very well be there is a bus, but not from nearest station, more likely from local main town in the departement, or where all the schools are.

OR-if you know the region: use ´transports public in ´region´´-most will only be in FRench anyway. Also most often busfares are very cheap.

BTW-the pass is not for 15 rides, but for using trains on 15 days-as much as one can manage