Solved

Travelling in Italy

• 20 January 2023
  • 2 replies

In the summer I want to go from Ljubljana to Italy (Florence and Rome). The railway map says this is possible and that I can go via Venice to Florence, and then to Rome. Unfortunately in the timetable it says there aren’t any trains to Florence and to Rome. I have tried multiple different cities to departure from but none work.

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 20 January 2023, 14:16

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

That’s because the timetables are not loaded in to rail planner of interrail yet. Italy is notoriously late in uploading it’s timetables. The summer timetables are not exactly known yet.

Use the planner of e.g. Deutsche Bahn or ÖBB and search for the same route in e.g. a week from today. You’ll see the connection that will probably be the same (or at least very comparable) for your trip this summer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Heel, heel erg lang geleden kon je zelfs bij tante NS-die toen nog vrijwel overal kantoren had, 2x per jr een apart spoorboekje BUITENland kopen waar alle belangrijke spoorlijnen in vrijwel heel EUR (behalve Soviet RUS) in stonden. Dat was voor zomer en winter.

Die kennis is totaal verloren gegaan aan de jeugd van tegenwoordig. Dat komt ervan als spoorwegen worden afgestraft als ze tussentijds een paar minuutjes wijzigen, dus daar wachten ze dan maar mee totdat het echt 99,9% definitief is. Overigens stonden er toen en nu nergens de vele stakingen (scioperta) in die vooral neerkomen op reizigertje pesten.