Travelling with Children 2022

• 17 October 2021
  • 2 replies

I am planning to travel to Scottland with my two boys. We will take the train to Paris and continue with the Eurostar to London. Are you having experiences with a night train up to Edinburgh or Iverness?

Or a recommendation for a solid B&B or hotel in London near the station?

In  addition I also have difficulties to do reservations on the Eurostar? Any advice?

Thank you and kind regards,

Steph

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What kind of difficulties do you have to make the Eurostar reservations? Where did you try to book?

You should be able to book them here (without any added charges). Click on the pencil icon to choose the correct stations and date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I´ve used back in 2019 the Caledonian Sleeper from London to Inverness and then from Aberdeen to London :)  it was a nice comfortable journey :) Note that last year Caledonian Sleeper changed the Rolling  stock and now use new Coaches :) and that due Covid and the restrictions the Nighttrains is more often canceled or delayed than usual :/

With a Railpass like Interrail you just need a berth supplement depending on the comfort you wanna have it can be quite expensive :) and worths a look for special family offers :) or as you said to break the journey in London and catch a train the next day :)