Solved

1 Travel day, 2 geographically separate trips- is it possible?

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if all train travel needs to be geographically connected in a travel day? I am going to travel from a rural-ish German train station to a small town in the UK and will do the Brussels-London leg by a bus service because I did not get a Eurostar reservation. Will eurail count this as two trips given that I will pop up in a completely different location to continue my trip, despite it being the same travel day? Also is there a way to make this one trip in the Railplanner app? I am a mobile pass holder. Thanks for any pointers!

icon

Best answer by Angelo 27 June 2022, 11:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

yes it should be possible, the app counts the day and not the trips. If you board a train (scheduled departure time CET) before midnight you will use only 1 travelday.

yes it should be possible, the app counts the day and not the trips. If you board a train (scheduled departure time CET) before midnight you will use only 1 travelday.

Thank you so much for your time! This was incredibly helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You could even on day 1 use local train to some airport-fly out and use train again evening to reach final destination. Its quite an achievement to do what youintend with an 8-hhr bustrip in between+take really enough buffertime for endless delays

You could even on day 1 use local train to some airport-fly out and use train again evening to reach final destination. Its quite an achievement to do what youintend with an 8-hhr bustrip in between+take really enough buffertime for endless delays

Thank you! Luckily I am not in a hurry and have family at every major stop of the road.