Solved

Adding the trip on a day, like 10-30 minutes before entering the train

Hi

I am new in here and will be using Interrail Global Pass the coming weekend in Germany. 

Is that possible with Adding the trip to the mobile pass app on a travelling day, like 10-30 minutes before entering the train ?

Will arrive with my 11y old son(we both have separate passes) by plane on 13/5/2022 from Copenhagen to Køln/Bonn airport about 10,55 ( need also to pick up the checked in bag ).  Consider to take next 1 of the below train connections to Stuttgart :

1 . 11,24 -  better option with less transfers and would prefer that one if could manage with the bag pick up from the airport

2. 11,56 – more transfers and shorter time for transfer in Frankfurt

So I am not sure, if I can just book 1 of the above tickets, just standing next to the train, like 5 minutes before the departure ?  or  1 of these trips needs to be booked by us a day before 12/5 in the app ?

3 .By the way -- Interrail Global Pass , can it be used for traveling by S Bahn ,U Bahn or bus in Stuttgart  ?

Thanks in advance for any hints in here.

Greg

icon

Best answer by Sebastian Emil Sørensen 9 May 2022, 12:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

You can enter your journey last-minute, before boarding the train.

Interrail is valid on S-Bahn, but not U-Bahn.

thanks Sebastian Emil Sørensen for a promt answer .

Interrail is valid on S-Bahn -  does it need to be booked in the app or just enter the S-bahn ?

as in the Rail planner APP,  S bahn station Hallschlag, Stuttgart, can not be found.  so maybe adding it manually is necessary ?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

You only need to enter the journey, and yes do it manually when a station or connection doesn’t show up. S-Bahn is like the danish S-tog, so nood need for a reservation of extra ticket. 😊 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hint: dansker: IF you stay a few days in S-there is a specail Touristy ticket-for 1 or 3 days for the whole area (town+far around-Verkehrsverbund VVS) that is 9,50//19,50 and is NOT on sale from machines, but at tourist office opposite the currently completely under rebuilt main station-or at same IN airprot. These tickets are valid on all local transportation-just as on Movia in/around CPH.

Going also to that Mercedes Museum?

Going also to that Mercedes Museum?   Thanks for an idea . Have not planned anything yet, as we are going to weekend BMX Racing competition by Hallschlag / BMX Supercross Track Stuttgart .

There is an Europe CUP for all ages . From 7 to Elite including Olimpic medalist and worlds medalist.  Do not know yet how much time free will we have  . Found below on museums site…Due to an event, the Mercedes-Benz Museum will be closed from 06 to 14 May 2022.  May 15, 2022 -the International Museum Day- the Mercedes-Benz Museum opens again. On this day: free admission.

So maybe we can figure out something up there on Sunday morning.

If I add to the pass beforehand like today , the most preferred trip at 11,24  - 13/5   and in case that can not manage to catch it, can I just cancel it after the train is gone like 11,30-11,45 on Friday 13/5  and then add to the pass a next one 11,56 ?

Or all plan changes / updates need to be done until 23,59 the day before ?