Solved

Any bus companies from Sofia to Thessaloniki?

• 4 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Hey, I need to get from Sofia, Bulgaria to Thessaloniki, Greece in May 2023.

Any suggestions which bus company I have to choose because there are no trains, or any websites I can go to? Plus do I have to reservate beforehand and how much is a ride?

icon

Best answer by mcadv 4 January 2023, 15:51

View original

2 replies

Thank you so much for the qick and detailed information!! You helped me very very much :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There will be several and some lines come from onward or go further, price depend on how long advacne you book and by dayofweek and company-its probably now still far too early for may-and also no need at all for these eternal worries about fullness etc. In fact-to the extreme utter surprise of those grown up with fones-there may even still be the odd comp sending out buses by just selling tix in their office-in front of SOF main train station used to be a large field with shacks just doing that-and the ´official´ bus gara was to the left of it. I estimate a fare would be around 20€.

It is as such, if you want to press max out of that pass to do whole sector till border in BG by train and from a stop some 30 KMs or so onward from where the odd GR trains run again and cover this short sector by bus or taxi-thats for diehards who do not ,mind loosing many hrs doing that. BUt it may be, if you team up with some likeminded passholders in a hoStel (hostelmostel rec.!) in SOF that with a small group that taxi cost less p.p. The bus for it may well turn out to run the whole line Sof-Thess.

But if you have like so many seem to do nowadays a set up plan for daytoday and cannot stand even the thought of having something to rearrange, then check what for next week or so comes out of google-note that and try that a month advance or so before the planned date

More info also on seat61.com, always promoting train travel to the last drop