Solved

Booking reservations Additional to Pass. When buying at the station will the ticket be full price?

Looking for some help. 

Have a 5 day travel pass. And so far have spent two travel days, one on high speed trains (which I had to buy a reservation for and did so through the inter rail website) and one on regional trains (which has meant I haven’t had to buy reservations as they have been included). 

My next trains need a reservation. However, they are unable to buy through inter rail website (it says ‘n/a’ on the booking platform) The alternative option I’m given, is buy them at a train station. 

My question is: if I buy a reservation at the station, will it be full price? And if it is full price, I don’t understand what the point of the inter rail pass is. I thought the inter rail pass would give me either free or cheap train fares. Surely if I buy in the station that wont be the case. 

Any help to clear up my confusion would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 28 June 2022, 23:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The trains in question are:

1. Ljubljana - Zagreb Glavni Kol., Sunday 3 July, 08:30-10:40
  2. Zagreb Glavni Kol. - Split, Thursday 5 July, 07:35-13:53

Both of these journeys are for two passengers. 

1. Ljubljana - Zagreb Glavni Kol., Sunday 3 July, 08:30-10:40: reservations are optional; the app and Interrail website are wrong about that. You can buy them at a station (e.g. in Ljubljana) if you want and they should only be around 3 or 4€ per seat. Some sources say this train leaves at 8:25 so you'd better be on time.
  2. Zagreb Glavni Kol. - Split, Thursday 5 July, 07:35-13:53: Tuesday 5 or Thursday 7 July. In any case, the best is to buy them on arrival in Zagreb. Price is around 1€ per seat.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What date, departure time and route?

Hi Anna, thanks for your quick reply. 

Ok. I'll let the reservation experts help you with that @seewulf @rvdborgt @Hektor 

Hi Anna, thanks for your quick reply. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

A reservation is a Reservation, a Ticket is a Ticket.

Interrail is the Ticket, in some cases you need to add the Reservation.

How much it costs and where you can buy it depends on what the journey is.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9