Solved

Booking reservations Additional to Pass. When buying at the station will the ticket be full price?

Looking for some help. 

Have a 5 day travel pass. And so far have spent two travel days, one on high speed trains (which I had to buy a reservation for and did so through the inter rail website) and one on regional trains (which has meant I haven’t had to buy reservations as they have been included). 

My next trains need a reservation. However, they are unable to buy through inter rail website (it says ‘n/a’ on the booking platform) The alternative option I’m given, is buy them at a train station. 

My question is: if I buy a reservation at the station, will it be full price? And if it is full price, I don’t understand what the point of the inter rail pass is. I thought the inter rail pass would give me either free or cheap train fares. Surely if I buy in the station that wont be the case. 

Any help to clear up my confusion would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 28 June 2022, 23:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What date, departure time and route?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

A reservation is a Reservation, a Ticket is a Ticket.

Interrail is the Ticket, in some cases you need to add the Reservation.

How much it costs and where you can buy it depends on what the journey is.

Hi Anna, thanks for your quick reply. 

The trains in question are:

1. Ljubljana - Zagreb Glavni Kol., Sunday 3 July, 08:30-10:40
  2. Zagreb Glavni Kol. - Split, Thursday 5 July, 07:35-13:53

Both of these journeys are for two passengers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Anna, thanks for your quick reply. 

Ok. I'll let the reservation experts help you with that @seewulf @rvdborgt @Hektor 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

1. Ljubljana - Zagreb Glavni Kol., Sunday 3 July, 08:30-10:40: reservations are optional; the app and Interrail website are wrong about that. You can buy them at a station (e.g. in Ljubljana) if you want and they should only be around 3 or 4€ per seat. Some sources say this train leaves at 8:25 so you'd better be on time.
  2. Zagreb Glavni Kol. - Split, Thursday 5 July, 07:35-13:53: Tuesday 5 or Thursday 7 July. In any case, the best is to buy them on arrival in Zagreb. Price is around 1€ per seat.