Can't book a seat reservation and I won't be able to make my plane on the date

• 2 February 2023
  • 8 replies

• New aboard
  • 2 replies

I require a train reservation and the date is not flexible. I can book through the train companies website with a ticket + reservation but I don't have the option to get just the seat reservation!? I have paid almost one and a half thousand aud and I can't even access a train and now I need to cough up another 500 aud just to be able to get to my plane?

I need a train from London to Brussels at anytime past 9am on the 24th of Feb. Flight is on the 25th, can’t get to the London St Pancras before 9 on the 24th.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

CHEAP flites are from about any UK airport- but to BE most go to CRL=Charleroi, falsely labelled as BRU-south (its only 70 kms from there and By BUS some 80 mins-plus that the real BRU airport is then other side of town-takes another 30 mins.

ALT is also BUS-FLIX, these also run overnite, Often the fare is even lower as the 30€ supplmt to pay on pass. Works out much easier as the cumbersome train-localbus-ferry-walk-bus-train combo ride.

You also have to fear the endless and often hardly announced or at very last mo STRIKe (that any OZzie should know about as its is/was also a favorite pastime there)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I appreciate it is not an environmentally friendly solution, but have you considered a flight. There are many regional airports with low cost flights to airports with stations. You could get a KLM flight from many UK airports to Amsterdam and then down to Brussels from Schipol.

If you post your starting point outside London and start time I am sure one of us would do a flight check or you can start with one of the flight sites such as expedia.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Have you tried looking at availability to Lille and getting a connecting local train, or to Rotterdam and getting off early? Sometimes the Eurostar has fixed numbers of seats to different destinations. 

Also worth mentioning that P&O ferries allow foot passengers on their Dover to Calais route again now so you could get a train to Dover and then travel from Calais to Brussels:

https://www.poferries.com/en/routes/dover-to-calais/travel-information/travelling-as-a-foot-passenger#:~:text=We%20are%20very%20pleased%20to,to%20miss%20out%20on%20exploring!

A connection via Paris would be possible at 16.01. But it's with change and more expensive. This is 1st class. Price is 70 €.

Half an hour later (16.31) it's possible in 2nd class. Price is 57 €.

Arrives Bruxelles Midi at 21.44 or 22.47.

Limited availabilty. Should be booked soon.

There's just availabilty at 8am or next day at 7am. 

That's too late?

Flight is at 8am the following morning. I am coming from outside London and the earlier train to London won’t arrive in time for me to make the 8am train. 

There's just availabilty at 8am or next day at 7am. 

That's too late?

I require a train reservation and the date is not flexible. I can book through the train companies website with a ticket + reservation but I don't have the option to get just the seat reservation!? I have paid almost one and a half thousand aud and I can't even access a train and now I need to cough up another 500 aud just to be able to get to my plane?

You should write what reservation you'd like to do on which date, too. That way you can't get any help. How should someone know what you are trying to reserve which wsy.

I need a train from London to Brussels at anytime past 9am on the 24th of Feb. Flight is on the 25th, can’t get to the London St Pancras before 9 on the 24th.

You should write what reservation you'd like to do on which date, too. That way you can't get any help. How should someone know what you are trying to reserve which way?

EDIT: I've seen you did add it.