Solved

Can't book EuroNight train Hamburg Stockholm

• 7 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 15 replies

Hi! I can’t find any way to make a reservation for Hamburg - Stockholm night train. I checked different dates in case it’s sold out, but I can’t reserve in March, April, or August.

The date I want to travel : August 16th.

Train: it’s a night train, I think it is called EuroNight.

Operator: if I’m not wrong, OBB.

I also checked OBB’s website, it says Ticket not available to purchase - or similar.

I feel you need a PhD to book trains crossing borders haha!

Anyone has any idea for me to be able to book this train? All help will be much appreciated! Also really interested in knowing if I can avoid or lower reservation fees by calling somewhere or booking at an operator site.

Kindly,

Xavier from Barcelona

Interrail Reservation doesn’t allow to book
OBB reservation doesn’t allow to book
icon

Best answer by Hektor 7 March 2023, 20:22

View original

9 replies

The EN can be bought for this date with https://www.sj.se/en (which is the operator, not ÖBB) [Tap "1 adult" to enter your rail pass as a reduction].

The second train at 23.57 can be bought with https://www.snalltaget.se/en (which is the operator here) [There's a box "I have an Interrail or Eurail pass"].

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Hektor that was so helpful, thank you for your quick answer! I am new to Interrail, I wonder if I book on the SJ webpage, how does the Interrail APP include this trip? Do I have a way to introduce the data on the app?

Thank you in advance😊

The app doesn't show reservations even if bought with Interrail / Eurail.

Regarding the app, you have always to add the specific train(s) by using the rail planner. 

When using the booked train, you need to show both (the rail pass is your ticket and you need to show the bought reservation).

Userlevel 1
Badge

Great thank you again. I forgot to mark best answer, I just did. Have a nice evening :)

It’s very late notice, but I’m interested in booking the EuroNight from Hamburg to Stockholm on Monday night (12th June). The interrail app says it’s available (41 EUR), the SJ app and website say it’s available (but no “I have an Interrail pass” option?) but the interrail website says “prices unavailable …  may be sold out ...”.

Anyone know if it’s still possible to book a bed in a shared compartment for this train?

Sorry, I found the way to add an interrail pass on the SJ website. It now says “We can't display any journeys at the moment, try again in a while.” I guess that means it’s sold out (for interrail pass holders, not for everyone else)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Sorry, I found the way to add an interrail pass on the SJ website. It now says “We can't display any journeys at the moment, try again in a while.” I guess that means it’s sold out (for interrail pass holders, not for everyone else)?

No it means that SJ currently update their server. Had it when i tried to book aswell just try it few hours later

Great, I checked again and it lets me book it! And it’s cheaper - 385 SEK for a bed (33 EUR) rather than 41 as advertised on Interrail. Is there usually such a big difference?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Great, I checked again and it lets me book it! And it’s cheaper - 385 SEK for a bed (33 EUR) rather than 41 as advertised on Interrail. Is there usually such a big difference?

Interrail sometimes have outdated or incorrect information and in the app they already add their own €2 booking fee, as if you can't book anywhere else.