Solved

Can you board at Rotterdam if I booked for Amsterdam-London ?

• 29 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello, 

I was wondering something. I booked a ticket on the 4th of july for the Amsterdam to London Eurostar. If I decide to spend a little time in Rotterdam, will it be a problem if I board the Eurostar in Rotterdam and not in Amsterdam ? 

Thank you again for your help, and have a nice day. 

Sylvain 

icon

Best answer by Hektor 29 June 2022, 12:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are supposed to be fairly fast trains (IC-Direct) Rtm-AMS ev 10-15 mins, BUT as for now many are cancelled, These take just 35 mins (1 stop at Schiphol airport). You have to be at checkin (far back side of AMS-take time-many have trouble finding it) 45 mins (I think) before dep. This €* runs over exact same tracks-other direction to Rtm + on.

Understood, thank you for your help :) 

Have a nice day. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Not allowed due the entire Process of Immigration that already be done before boarding the Eurostar Service. Change reservation (call Eurostar they might change it for Free) 

Hello, 

I was wondering something. I booked a ticket on the 4th of july for the Amsterdam to London Eurostar. If I decide to spend a little time in Rotterdam, will it be a problem if I board the Eurostar in Rotterdam and not in Amsterdam ? 

Thank you again for your help, and have a nice day. 

Sylvain 

Hi Sylvain,

when travelling from the continent to the UK, it’s explicitly not allowed to board at another station.

Eurostar rules are saying: “You may only board the train at the station shown on your ticket.”

So normally you’d be not alllowed to board your booked train in Rotterdam. 

Kind regards, Hektor. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt @seewulf