Solved

Cancelled trains during inbound journey. How do we continue?

• 28 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Hey! I have a question:) I was supposed to get home today, I booked my ticket from Genova back to the Netherlands. However my last train got cancelled so I’m stuck in Frankfurt atm. Meaning that I have to continue my trip tomorrow.

I have an extra travelday over, one that I didn’t use. However the problem is that I can’t use this one because the app thinks that I’m already back in the Netherlands, meaning that I used my “inbounded” ticket/journey. Soooo what should I do tomorrow morning?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 28 July 2021, 22:59

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey! I have a question:) I was supposed to get home today, I booked my ticket from Genova back to the Netherlands. However my last train got cancelled so I’m stuck in Frankfurt atm. Meaning that I have to continue my trip tomorrow.

I have an extra travelday over, one that I didn’t use. However the problem is that I can’t use this one because the app thinks that I’m already back in the Netherlands, meaning that I used my “inbounded” ticket/journey. Soooo what should I do tomorrow morning?

Go to the station staff immediately (= now) and explain your case. They should take care of your accommodation for the night and your trip continuation tomorrow without any extra costs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @emmalorenza , just checking in to see if you managed to arrange it with the railway staff. 

Yeah I managed to get home:) however I did pay for the hotel myself, do you think I can get that money back? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Happy to hear that! :relaxed: I cannot guarantee anything as that is up to the carrier so I encourage you to contact them directly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can contact Deutsche Bahn customer service at kundendialog@bahn.de.

Describe what happened (in short), that you didn't get help and had to find a hotel yourself. Include a scan of the hotel invoice or proof of payment and of your ticket (mobile Interrail: screenshot of the barcode for that day).

If they don want to reimburse, then you can go to:

1. SÖP (Arbitration board)
  2. Eisenbahnbundesamt (German enforcement body for passenger's rights)

Ah thank you so much for the tip! I’m definitely going to check it out:))