Solved

Cannot book - ''reservation unavailable''

Good evening and thank u all in advance. It’s the first time I’m doing interrail and I’ve found out some problems that are driving me crazy. 

In some trains that DO need reservation, I cannot do it because it says “reservation unavailable”. 

I am writing down the concrete trains and dates so it is easier for you to help me. 

30/07/2022. Zagreb Glavni Kol 18:40 → Ljubljana 20:54

31/07/2022. Ljubljana 21:10 → Villach HBF 22:49

I have already seen the same problem with other trains in which the reservation is not mandatory, so I think it’s not such a big deal in those cases. But I am really worried about the trains I’ve written down before. 

I hope you guys could help me.

Thank u so much!!!!!!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 4 June 2022, 04:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Reservation is optional in both cases. It's in fact the same train. Some sources say the departure time in Zagreb is 18:38, so be there in time.

If you want a reservation, you'll need to go to a ticket office that can do international reservations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not just that, but has connection into and knows to handle with start IN HRvatska=Croatia.

this is what i find when I try to book a seat for one of these tickets via DB. In the interrail web says the reservation is mandatory, but I don’t know why this is coming out. I’m worried about running out of seats and lose the train. What should i do? @rvdborgt @mcadv 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

this is what i find when I try to book a seat for one of these tickets via DB. In the interrail web says the reservation is mandatory, but I don’t know why this is coming out. I’m worried about running out of seats and lose the train. What should i do?

Either go to a ticket office (doesn't need to be in Croatia/Slovenia) or don't buy a reservation. It's optional for these trains, regardless of what the Interrail website claims.