Solved

Cannot cancel a seat reservation for Italy

• 13 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello everybody, I have bought a seat reservation to go from Venice to Rome, but the date is incorrect. I need to cancel that, because I already have a new one which is correct.

But when I press cancel button, it is said that this reservation is non-refundable. 

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to recover my money ?

Regards.

icon

Best answer by Schelte 13 January 2023, 07:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Unfortunately, it might well be possible that seat reservations are non-refundable. I am not so sure about the conditions for the Italian reservations, but I know for instance those on Eurostar cannot be refunded. Unfortunately, Appendix 1 of the Interrail booking conditions (on reservations booked through the self service portal) refers to Trenitalia, but Trenitalia provides no information on refunds for these tickets. 

You can possibly achieve something by reaching out to the customer service of whoever you booked the reservations with.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Trenitalia apply the same conditions as their "Base” fares, so it should be possible to change the reservation via Trenitalia. Probably at a ticket office. I have no experience in doing that. Maybe you can also get a refund, if you do that before the departure time on the reservation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You could have changed it-when there at a counter, but getting money back as you tell to have bought a new one, seems not possible.