Skip to main content

hi, actually i m holding Eurail global mobile pass and i want to book seat reservation for attached journey, MARNE LA VALLEE CHESSY (France) to Schiphol Airport on 27/11, but it shows price unavailable. Nonetheless, i check from Thalys website ( as attached), the train is not full,

Q1) Can i go to Schiphol airport counter and reserve my seat when we reach on 17/11?

Q2) If i aldy secure seat for other timing, is it possible to change to another time slot? or seat reservation is not refundable & exchangeable? Thanks

Q3) Can I top up the diff 1st class and 2nd class as 1st class seat are still available. Thanks 

Thalys offer limited numbers of spaces for passholders, once sold out they do not sell any more by any means, so you won’t be able to reserve this at a station now either.

You cannot buy a 1st class reservation and upgrade to 1st class with a 2nd class ticket/pass.

You haven’t said what times you are looking for, as there are no spaces left on Thalys from Paris either that day, the best option will be to book

Marne-la-Vallée - Chessy to Lille Europe here https://travel.b-europe.com/eurail-ge/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish using pass cover number from here

Then walk from Lille Europe to Lille Flanders (about 500m) and use reservation free regional/Inter City train connections from there to Schiphol. These connctions run hourly.

You should pick an itinerary indeed via Lille. Interrail/Eurail pass p'aces are fully booked. There you have multiple options: you might be able to take a Eurostar to Rotterdam or Amsterdam, where you can travel easily by regional trains to Schiphol.

Or you get a reservation on a TGV to Brussels, where you can change for the reservation free hourly intercities direct to Schiphol. (Ordinary tickets for that TGV are also reasonably priced, probably cheaper than pass+reservation)

Or you take the regional option. Take the train to Kortrijk/Courtrai, change there to Antwerp, change in Antwerp to the hourly IC to Rotterdam- Schiphol-Amsterdam. No need for reservations on this one, but it takes the longest time.