Solved

Cant book seat reservation in Italy

Hi everyone 

So I’ve paid for my eurail pass (global pass, mobile) created a trip and assigned travel day and tickets from city to city in Italy. Now it’s time to do the seat reservation and I’m having issues.

It won’t let me reserve a seat, all I get is this screen: 

I don’t know if that means there are no seats left, it’s too early to reserve etc. I have tried all my different journeys (Venice- Rome etc etc) and all the times and I get the same response.

if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated!

thank you

icon

Best answer by seewulf 27 May 2022, 13:51

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

There are several ways to make reservations. Here is a guide:

Tried the eurail website and app, the no idea of the train company and when I try to go to some there isn’t an option to link my eurail pass and would have to pay for the entire ticket (so what’s the point of me paying $560 for this global pass?)

Hi in my post is a special manual how to reserve trains within Italy via oebb.at (website of Austrian Rail) Please follow exact these steps (dont click on the seat only option)

For It it is-just rwd a few lines onward! NOT possible to bookd directly  seat only-a sneeke sideway via Austrian rails=Oebb is available-as long as this lasts

And with such a plentifullness of trains available, there is really no need to worry about fulln ess monthes ahead

Scrolled down and it’s the same problem.

Tried the eurail website and app, the no idea of the train company and when I try to go to some there isn’t an option to link my eurail pass and would have to pay for the entire ticket (so what’s the point of me paying $560 for this global pass?)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

For It it is-just rwd a few lines onward! NOT possible to bookd directly  seat only-a sneeke sideway via Austrian rails=Oebb is available-as long as this lasts

And with such a plentifullness of trains available, there is really no need to worry about fulln ess monthes ahead

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And now when I try it’s this first then the screen shot about prices not available