Solved

Do I have to attach the seat reservations to the app or can I just use my paper confirmation of seats?

• 18 July 2022
  • 4 replies

I booked seat reservations on Eurail.com on my laptop and printed out the seat reservations.  I have also downloaded the Rail Planner to which I attached my Mobil Eurail Pass.  Do I have to attach the seat reservations to the app or can I just use my paper confirmation of seats?  Thank you.  P.S. I just realized that the start date states 24Aug, when I am actually traveling on 25Aug.  How do I change that?  Thanks again!

icon

Best answer by Al_G 18 July 2022, 20:37

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Reservations do not appear on app or connect to pass.

please look at this guide to using mobile pass.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/interrail-mobile-pass/getting-started

There is no good reason to activate pass in advance, in fact it is better to wait until you are sure you are travelling (so just before boarding first train of day) before doing so as it cannot be deactivated once past midnight on day(s) of use if activated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes, disconnect all the journeys from your pass, they will still be in my trip section so you can re-activate  with a tap when needed. There is nothing to be gained by having the pass active before the day you will use it and potential to lose travel if your plans change.

Thank you Al_G!  Another question, in My Trips, I have 5 reserved trains that I had booked on Eurail.com (not via the App) and have linked them to My Pass. When I set up the Eurail Mobil Pass, I used Aug 24 as start date, but now will be traveling on Aug 25th.  To change the start date, I need to go into My Pass and tap “Cancel Travel Day”.  I have 5 days of travel.  I am assuming that I cancel all 5 travel days in My Pass, then start over on My Trip by choosing a new first travel day by “add your first journey.”  Then add the rest of the trips. Is this correct???  If it is, do you recommend linking them now to My Pass or only do it day by day???   By cancelling the Travel Day(s), that should also deactivate the Pass, right???  Thank you in advance for your help!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and train in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass, until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.