Solved

Do I need to activate my pass in order to make seat reservation?

• 14 January 2024
  • 28 replies

Show first post

28 replies

Badge

There's indeed no supplement for travelling Schiphol-Rotterdam.

However, there is a supplement when you travel from or to Brussels Airport (not when just changing trains, but when entering or leaving the airport station). This supplement is for everyone, except for the tickets mentioned here. Interrail/Eurail pass holders have to pay the supplement.

Hi, in my case, I am taking the trains with my global pass on :

25Apr - from Brussels airport to Schiphol, no seat reservation on IC train, but I will have to pay €6.70 for the “Supplement - Diabolo”. This is clear.

11May - from Brussels Midi to Brussels airport, no seat reservation on IC train, and I will also have to pay €6.70 for the “Supplement - Diabolo”.  Am I correct?  

As you can see from my snapshot, there is no “Supplment required” (the orange exclamation mark) being stated on the Railplanner for Interrail/Eurail pass holder to know they will need to pay for the Diabolo.  

Looking forward to hear from you.  

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi, in my case, I am taking the trains with my global pass on :

25Apr - from Brussels airport to Schiphol, no seat reservation on IC train, but I will have to pay €6.70 for the “Supplement - Diabolo”. This is clear.

Indeed.

11May - from Brussels Midi to Brussels airport, no seat reservation on IC train, and I will also have to pay €6.70 for the “Supplement - Diabolo”.  Am I correct?  

No, because you don't leave or enter the station. You don't even leave the train. No supplement needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can book a seat reservation for the train on www.raileurope.com (€1.70), or in France indeed at a ticket office or ticket machine.

I doubt that you need a reservation for the connecting bus. For some reason, SNCF often say in their timetable data that buses have mandatory reservations but I have yet to see one where this is really the case and where you can actually book a reservation. Last time I tried, the ticket office could not issue a seat reservation for such a bus.