Do I need to print a "Print at home" e-ticket in Italy?

• 26 July 2022
  • 4 replies

..and if so, how?

Me and my girlfriend have Interrail passes and we are going from Florence to Venice tomorrow. Frecciarossa operated by Trenitalia.

We made reservations and it clearly says that the tickets need to be printed and in "physical form", otherwise we could be fined.

We have the PDF-files with the PNR and QR-code. Do we need to print the ticket and if so.. can we print it at central station in Florence?

Thankful for your answers.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No-thats a general hint-mostly applies to real tickets. You only have RES via Oebb I guess?

On fone is good enough. for ITaly

And: there are still internetshops in most major towns-where you can also go in and print. Printshops can also mostly do it for you-if you load it on a USB-stick

Many HTLs will offer this to their guests. It should be evident there might be small cost to all that

Userlevel 1

If you’re in Florence you can just go inside a “cartoleria” (stationary shop) and for 2 euros if not less) you can have a physical copy

No-thats a general hint-mostly applies to real tickets. You only have RES via Oebb I guess?

On fone is good enough. for ITaly

And: there are still internetshops in most major towns-where you can also go in and print. Printshops can also mostly do it for you-if you load it on a USB-stick

Many HTLs will offer this to their guests. It should be evident there might be small cost to all that

Thanks for the reply. I made a reservation via the Interrail site. 

Guess we have to print it then, still confusing because it says its an e-ticket. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

if it is a Ticket with Trenitalia Logo, you only have to show as a PDF on your smartphone or only show the PNR code.