Solved

What does domestic and international me in regards to the countries I can travel to?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Where it says ‘domestic trains’, does that mean for only trains inside that country (this is for Germany) or does it mean for all of Europe. Or, does international mean anywhere outside of the country that these rules apply (the rest of Europe). Eg. if I were to travel from Berlin to Brussels would I be able to take any of the Domestic trains or would it have to be international? 

icon

Best answer by seewulf 5 May 2022, 23:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can use any train of DB (german rail) or Sncb (belgian) 

The Thalys is reservation compulsory 

The ICE is optional means you can buy a reservation if you wanna have a seat for sure.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

The ICE is optional means you can buy a reservation if you wanna have a seat for sure.

Thank you. What does domestic and international me in regards to the countries I can travel to. I assume international means around just Europe and not anywhere else in the world? 
Does domestic mean just within that country for example, I can only use the train listed under domestic around Germany, or could I get it  to somewhere outside of Germany (eg Brussels) or does that class as international travel? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thank you. What does domestic and international me in regards to the countries I can travel to. I assume international means around just Europe and not anywhere else in the world? 
Does domestic mean just within that country for example, I can only use the train listed under domestic around Germany, or could I get it  to somewhere outside of Germany (eg Brussels) or does that class as international travel? 

Donestic just within a country 

International means cross atleast one border 

Please ignore the OCP & GP Its a special option (how tickets are sold) this form is quite complicated for starters 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

But you are in BElgium now?

The very same train running DE->FR can have pax for domestic INside DE only or for INtern-the latter need to reserve. This way people can use the very rare double deck TGV that runs also INside DE (coming from Paris-Via Karlsruhe to Stuttgart-MÜnchen) without need to REServe.