Solved

Entering a reservation into the rail planner app

• 4 December 2022
  • 2 replies

I have a train reservation for a train departing in about 10 hours that I received from the train station as the Rail Planner app instructed and I need to add the reservation to my pass on the rail planner mobile app but am unable to do so. Can someone please advise me on this? 

As an additional aside:

Four ticket booth operators spent two hours fidgeting with my phone at the train station where I booked the aforementioned tickets and we’re unable to add the reservation to our journey for the travel day that had been activated. 

My wife and I have been traveling throughout Europe for the past month, we booked 3 reservations through the rail planner website and only one of the reservations added itself into our mobile passes the others we had to show the physical reservations and awkwardly explain to the train conductors that our travel days were activated but for some reason the reservations were not showing up on my phone. We were very fortunate to not have been fined during our journey and are extremely frustrated with how the app functions.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 4 December 2022, 07:38

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The reservations are always separate from the mobile pass. You will never have the reservations in the app. You show the QR code in the app and then you separately show your reservation. That is just as it should be. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My wife and I have been traveling throughout Europe for the past month, we booked 3 reservations through the rail planner website and only one of the reservations added itself into our mobile passes

This is not possible. As @AnnaB says, reservations are always separate. You must have added the journey to the pass yourself.

the others we had to show the physical reservations and awkwardly explain to the train conductors that our travel days were activated but for some reason the reservations were not showing up on my phone. We were very fortunate to not have been fined during our journey and are extremely frustrated with how the app functions.

In the app, you always have to add your journeys yourself to have a QR code (= your ticket) with all trains shown on it.

Did you follow these steps:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/interrail-mobile-pass/getting-started

(Under "Getting ready to board the train”)

If you follow these steps, does that work for you? If not, then where you you get stuck? Could you post a screenshot?