Solved

Error on booking ticket

• 24 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi guys! I need an help. I can't buy a night train ticket from Bern to Amsterdam. The site gives error: "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later or find another connection. This connection will be removed from your cart." What to do? Thank you all!

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 24 January 2023, 20:03

View original

6 replies

Thank you all for your help guys!

The seating carriages do run with an other train number (60402 instead of 402). The shop will show two trains at exactly the same time, so choose the right one.

Book here: https://shop.oebbtickets.at/en/ticket

It will cost 3 €. 

If you'd like to book a seat, don't put "interrail" as a discount. That's wrong and that's why there are no seats available.

Choose "seat reservation only".

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

https://www.nightjet.com/en/#/home

Like I said before, don't forget to put Interrail as a discount at the passenger details. I checked for next month, and seats didn't seem available indeed 🤔

Hi, yes you are right, the basel-amsterdam one. Can you suggest me on which other sites is better searching for? I would book seat but not available on interrail site, so I booked couchette at the moment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

When are you travelling? There are no direct nighttrains Bern-Amsterdam. You'll need to switch at Basel.

Best book directly via Nightjet or ÖBB. 

Just book it like you would book an ordinary ticket, but you'll need to add in your passenger information that you travel with Interrail. Via the discounts. This is found at the passenger details. You need to Add the Eurail/ Interrail Global pass option as a discount. Et voila, proceed and it should show reservation prices with Interrail discount should show.

Exact step to step guide is found here 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no direct night train from Bern to Amsterdam. You must change in Basel. I guess that you are trying to make the reservation through the Interrail/Eurail website? There are better ways to make the reservations than that website. 

What typ of reservation do you want? Seat/couchette/bed?