Solved

Eurail reservations before travel

• 8 November 2021
  • 2 replies

My husband and I are coming to Europe for 2 weeks from US, December 16. We will need to have our first train travel day on December 19. I know the new timetable is not out for December 12 and on. Does anyone know when that new timetable will be out? We have the 5 day travel pass. I was reading that you can book through the actual train sites? Is this true? I’m not sure what train sites we would need to go on. We want quicker trains. Going from Venice to Rome to Lucerne to Paris to Amsterdam to London. I’ve done the trains between Amsterdam, Paris, and London before but not booked myself before. 

icon

Best answer by Angelo 8 November 2021, 17:46

View original

2 replies

Thank you very much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Most of the timetables are out on the websites/apps of the national carriers. Like DB in Germany or ÖBB in Austria. 

The railplanner app is not up-to-date, because it’s an offline app and gets the timetable updates via app updates. 

Some websites you should check:

One of the best timetable searcher in Europe, but doesn’t have all the data. bahn.de and check the website of the national carrier if the timetable is confirmed or if the are trains that doesn’t result on bahn.de

Italy: trenitalia.com 10€ reservation only online available via eurail.com or at the train stations in Italy or at rail agencies that sells trenitalia or DB Tickets. 

EC Italy-Switzerland 13€ reservation fee, available online only from eurail.com 

Switzerland: sbb.ch No reservation needed in Switzerland

TGV Lyria Switzerland-Paris TGV Lyria → reservation online only at eurail.com and SBB, SNCF or DB Ticket offices. 

France:  oui.sncf.fr → reservation online at eurail.com, B-Europe https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish and at ticket offices of SNCF.

Thalys Paris-Amsterdam thalys.com eurail.com and B-Europe online Eurail.com or SNCB International (b-europe.com)

Eurostar Amsterdam-London eurostar.com Eurail.com or SNCB International (b-europe.com)