Solved

Eurostar London-Paris reservation. What are the costs?

• 23 December 2021
  • 14 replies

Hi All!

I'll be visiting the UK and would like to purchase tickets for a one day trip to Paris and back.  However, when looking up information,  I'm a bit confused as to what to pay?  Would like to do 1st class seats there, but I am reading that I also have to purchase a reservation.   Can someone please guide me to a good website on purchasing tickets and what excited is needed?  Also, do I need a global pass for this one day trip?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 23 December 2021, 09:41

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

its a night train, intercities de nuit, but again, it didnt come up on the b europe bit - it offers la teste, la tour de pin, no lat tour de carol! can u make it work on yours? x

As I said, b-europe for day trains, interrail for night. https://www.interrail.eu/en/book-reservations

Also note the spelling, Latour De Carol is how they have it, many places have different similar spelling depending on language or regional differences, for example it is listed on the Catalan regional timetables as La Tor De Querol.

its a night train, intercities de nuit, but again, it didnt come up on the b europe bit - it offers la teste, la tour de pin, no lat tour de carol! can u make it work on yours? x

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

thanks so much thats great. Do you know where I can book resrvatioons paris - la tour de carol, its not coming up as an option on this or the b europe site for some reason. but its there on the trainline

Day or night trains?

Night trains seats/couchettes can be booked with Interrail booking service.

Day you need to book either TGV or Intercities to Toulouse-Matabiau and connect to unreservable TER from there to Latour De Carol.

Best place for that is this link for B-Europe https://travel.b-europe.com/eurail-ge/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

thanks so much thats great. Do you know where I can book resrvatioons paris - la tour de carol, its not coming up as an option on this or the b europe site for some reason. but its there on the trainline

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you have a mobile pass you can get your Pass Cover Number here.

https://community.eurail.com/news-and-announcements-39/pass-cover-number-generator-is-live-5653

oh waitno its was 30 each, didnt realise child would count same price as adult. But now I am trying to book my eurostar reservaions and its saying my pass cover number isnt valid. Is that just the number they emaikl u with your booking confirmation?? thanks for help

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

im just trying to book some eurostar reservations and it says its 90 euros!! have i made a istake or has it suddenly got expensive

Could you add more details?

Which website you used, the travel dates, number of people travelling,...? 

im just trying to book some eurostar reservations and it says its 90 euros!! have i made a istake or has it suddenly got expensive

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The most likely cause is no more passholder seats available.

Belgian railways wil only show trains with available passholder seats. If you click on "Earlier trains” and "Later trains” repeatedly, you will find the first available train before and after the time you asked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

For the Eurostar trains between London and Paris you need a reservation on top of your pass, which costs 30 EUR in 2nd class or 38 EUR in 1st class (which Eurostar calls "standard premium”).

You can book it online via Eurail (2 EUR extra fee per seat) or Belgian railways (4 EUR extra fee per order; pass cover number needed, which you can request here).

If you're only making this one day trip and no other rail trips, then you don't need a pass and can just book a normal ticket (reservation is included automatically) with Eurostar.

I tried Eurail.com, it said “SEAT RESERVATIONS UNAVAILABLE”. I also tried Belgian railways , it said “No connections matching your requests.” I don’t know what is problem? Any idea? Thanks!

Which date?

For the Eurostar trains between London and Paris you need a reservation on top of your pass, which costs 30 EUR in 2nd class or 38 EUR in 1st class (which Eurostar calls "standard premium”).

You can book it online via Eurail (2 EUR extra fee per seat) or Belgian railways (4 EUR extra fee per order; pass cover number needed, which you can request here).

If you're only making this one day trip and no other rail trips, then you don't need a pass and can just book a normal ticket (reservation is included automatically) with Eurostar.

I tried Eurail.com, it said “SEAT RESERVATIONS UNAVAILABLE”. I also tried Belgian railways , it said “No connections matching your requests.” I don’t know what is problem? Any idea? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Forget for now the '’no problems'’

As you may know if you follow news, both countries now impose very heavy restrictions on casual travellers. Reason; of course covid.

Also note that EUrostar due to falling pax-numbers thus reduce the nr of trains they run-just aming a daytrip may be impossible.

The surcharges on a railpass tend to be so high-and also restricted in nr, that often, if well pre planned, normal advance tickets turn out cheaper-if one only does this ride.

For best actual advice re travellers, esp those from US/CN I advize the tripadvisor forum-for these countries or for '’travel by train..

Thank you so much 😊 so just purchasing our tickets will allow us to get to from Paris to London with no problems.   

This is great news because I thought I had to purchase other tickets in addition to that, so this helps me understand it better.   

Happy Holidays and again thanks 😊 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9