I bought a mobile global Interail pass a few days ago and since then I have to say my experience with Interail website and customer service has been completely awful.
I was first able (after experiencing many problems with Interrail website though) to book my first trip: Colmar (France) - London. Unfortunately after that it has been impossible for me to buy my second trip on the website: London - Bern on the 31st of July 2022 or even only London - Paris via Eurostar.
The website says ‘prices unavailable. Check back in a few hours to see prices and book this seat reservations’. I have been checking now for many many hours and days and it is still the same.
I have to add that before I bought my pass I was able to check the prices of these trips and all on their webiste, so I really don’t understand what is going on now.
Then I wrote Interail customer service several times from last Friday and still got no answer from them. I have been looking on forums and websites for hours and it seems that many travellers have issues with their Eurostar reservations with Interrail. I tried to follow some advice I read, so:
- I called SNCF (France) today, unfortunately they told me they don’t make Eurostar reservations anymore, although they really tried to help me with this issue.
- I called SBB (Switzerland) and they could book the tickets but only at a normal Eurostar price (above 200 euros only for London - Paris!!).
- I tried to book my tickets on B Europe (Belgium), which have normal Eurostar Interail prices for the date I want to book (30-34 euros), but I need the Pass cover number to complete my booking and Interail has not provided it to me yet (already asked several times).
- I was not able to reach B Europe on their customer care number +32 (0) 70 79 79 79 as it does not work with Skype.
To my mind my last options are:
- Waiting for Eurail to answer me. I received an email today saying it can last up to 2 weeks as they are really busy now… What if no more Interail seats are available on the journey I plan to do?
- Call Eurostar, which I will do tomorrow.
Any other advice to help me solve this problem?
Thank you in advance for your help :)